The following R&Ds are carried out by the IS staff:
- Design, development and introduction for practical and research and educational needs:
- Applied GIS and Decision Support Systems (DSS);
- distributed and local databases;
- Stand-alone computer systems (based on math models and databases);
- Remote/Internet access to elements of GIS and DSS;
- Development of math models (within the GIS-DSSs) for assessing influence of technogenic contamination on the population and environment, including:
- Models for assessing contamination of the environment and doses to the population;
- Models for radiological and ecological risk assessing;
- Risk analysis and risk management;
- uncertainty analysis.
- Multicriteria Decision Analysis (MCDA) for a wide range of applied problems;
- Scientific and practical investigations on the basis of developed models and computer systems.